Urban Air Quality Monitoring Station
Business Case for Air Quality Monitoring
The world is changing, and so do the cities we live in. We are facing rapid climate and environmental challenges, which threaten to severely deteriorate our way of life. Air quality, unparalleled in its scope, is the fundamental factor that affects every single living organism on this planet.
According to the European Heart Journal the average person in Europe loses two years of their lifespan due to air pollution (source). The World Health Organization reports that there are 4.2 million deaths every year as a result of exposure to outdoor air pollution, and that 91% of the world’s population lives in places where air quality exceeds WHO’s guideline limits (source).
To combat this emerging threat, local and national authorities around the world are working to solve this problem, and help secure clean air for everyone. Before cities can any take steps to improve air quality, they need accurate, quantifiable data on pollution levels and the various factors that contribute to them. Since pollutant factors vary dramatically across the different parts of the city, data must be gathered at many locations simultaneously to accurately determine the city’s overall air quality index.
The Urban Air Quality Monitoring Station is a hardware solution that helps cities generate accurate data for the air quality in the different parts of the city. It features a modular design, utilizing advanced sensor technologies that measure gas volumes for key air quality factors, as defined by the European Environmental Agency (EEA) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) directives. Due to its price, ease of installation, maintenance and support, a network of stations can be deployed at multiple locations around the city, reporting the air quality factor analysis in real-time, and providing the city with the needed data to help identify measures to improve air quality and life standards for all city occupants, accordingly.
Benefits to Cities
The solution provides answers to the six key questions:
- What are the pollution levels around the city?
- What are the specific pollutants at each location?
- What are the biggest pollution contributors in the different parts of the city?
- What measures should be taken to improve air quality?
- Are the measures taken improving air quality?
- How to accurately forecast expected pollution levels, and apply proactive measures?
Why Choose Our Product?
- Measures key air quality factors, as defined by the European Environmental Agency (EEA) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Provides granular information about the air quality in different parts of the city.
- Can measure both low gas concentrations (in ppb, used for environmental sensing) and high gas concentrations (in ppm, used for industrial sensing).
- Modular design, permitting sensor upgrades and additions.
- It’s is easy to install, maintain, and support.
- It operates autonomously with no need of access to the power grid.
- All this in a complete industrial-grade solution, able to withstand all weather conditions.
- With ability for remote configuration and hardware reset.
- And effortless multi-platform integration using standard Internet protocols.
|1||Sensing Slots:||Up to 8 Gas Sensors:
Temperature, Humidity, Pressure
|2||Types of Wireless Connectivity:||2G/3G
|3||Power Supply (all incl.):||Power Grid (110V/220V)
Embedded UPS – up to 7 days on battery power only
|5||Microcontrollers:||Main – for system and telemetry management
Secondary (optional) – monitors system parameters and is used to perform remote hardware reset of the station
|6||Remote Hardware Reset:||Yes, as an option in the Secondary Controller|
|7||Protection Rating:||IP65, for Outdoor Mounting|
|8||Replacement of Sensors by Non-Professional:||Once per year for gas and PM sensors, can be performed by non-professionals|
|9||Integrations:||Effortless multi-platform integration using standard protocols|
Benefits for Partners
- Become an IoT Leader in an untapped space.
- With clear business case (not just use case, but business case).
- Clear customer journey and benefits.
- Connects to your own visualization and/or data analytics platform.
- If you don’t have your own platform – we can provide access to one, developed by our existing partners.
- With no vendor lock and no hidden costs.
- Our business model is entirely partner-centric – we won’t communicate with your customer directly, unless you ask us to.
Business Center Richhill
6 Panorama Sofia Str.
1766 Sofia, Bulgaria