Urban Air Quality Monitoring Station
Better air quality through technology
The world is changing, and so do the cities we live in. We are facing rapid climate and environmental challenges, which threaten to severely deteriorate our way of life. Air quality, unparalleled in its scope, is the fundamental factor that affects every single living organism on this planet.
In its latest report, the European Environment Agency states that there are 400 000 premature deaths each year in Europe alone due to poor air quality (source). On top of that, according to the European Heart Journal the average person in Europe loses two years of their lifespan due to air pollution (source). Globally, the World Health Organization reports that 91% of the world’s population lives in places where air quality exceeds WHO’s guideline limits (source).
Poor management of air quality now have real consequences for peope. To combat this emerging threat, local and national authorities around the world are working to solve this problem, and help secure clean air for everyone. Before cities and authorities can take steps to improve air quality, they need accurate, quantifiable data on pollution levels and the various factors that contribute to them. Since pollutant factors vary dramatically across the different areas of the city, data must be gathered at many locations simultaneously to accurately determine the city's overall air quality index.
The Urban Air Quality Monitoring Station empowers cities to cost-effectively sense the key air quality factors, as defined by the European Environment Agency and the US Environmental Protection Agency directives, in the different areas of the city. The Station comes with a unique climatization feature: its gas sensors are mounted in a specialized, actively climatized Air Quality Sensors Enclosure Box that ensures consistent sensor measurements by actively compensating for negative temperature deviations (e.g. low ambient temperature during winter). Due to cost-effectiveness, ease of installation, maintenance and support, a network of stations can be deployed at multiple locations around the city, sensing and reporting the air quality factors,analysing them in real-time, and empowering cities to make data-driven decisions on how to improve air quality and life standards for all city occupants, accordingly.
Benefits to Cities
The solution empowers cities to make equitable data-driven decision on how to improve the air quality and the city environment. It provides answers to the six key questions:
- What are the pollution levels around the city?
- What are the specific pollutants at each location?
- What are the biggest pollution contributors in the different parts of the city?
- What measures should be taken to improve air quality?
- Are the measures taken improving air quality?
- How to accurately forecast expected pollution levels, and apply proactive measures?
Why Choose Our Product?
- Measures key air quality factors, as defined by the European Environmental Agency (EEA) and the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Provides granular information about the air quality in different parts of the city.
- Can measure both low gas concentrations (in ppb, used for environmental sensing) and high gas concentrations (in ppm, used for industrial sensing).
- Modular design, permitting sensor upgrades and additions.
- Easy to install, maintain, and support.
- Operates autonomously with no need of access to the power grid.
- All this in a complete industrial-grade solution, able to withstand all weather conditions.
- With ability for remote configuration and hardware reset.
- And effortless multi-platform integration using standard Internet protocols.
|1||Sensing Slots:||Up to 8 Gas Sensors:
Temperature, Humidity, Pressure
|2||Additional Sensor Blocks:||Noise Level (Noise Pollution)
Solar (UV) Radiation
|5||Power Supply (all incl.):||IncludedPower Grid (110V/220V)
Embedded UPS – up to 7 days on battery power only
|6||Remote Hardware Reset:||Yes, with a Secondary Controller|
|7||Protection Rating:||IP65, for Outdoor Mounting|
|8||Replacement of Sensors by Non-Professional:||Once per year for gas and PM sensors, can be performed by non-professionals|
|9||Integrations:||Effortless multi-platform integration using standard protocols|
Benefits for Partners
- Become an IoT Leader in an untapped space.
- With clear business case (not just use case, but business case).
- Clear customer journey and benefits.
- Connects to your own visualization and/or data analytics platform.
- If you don’t have your own platform – we can provide access to one, developed by our existing partners.
- With no vendor lock and no hidden costs.
- Our business model is entirely partner-centric – we won’t communicate with your customer directly, unless you ask us to.
Business Center Richhill
6 Panorama Sofia Str.
1766 Sofia, Bulgaria