Remote Water Meter Reader
Better water management through technology
The world is changing, urbanizing and industrializing. The population is growing. Clean, drinking water is on highest demand than it has ever been.
According to the European Union “in about half of the Member States, more than 20% of clean drinking water was lost in the distribution network before it could reach consumers’ taps, while for some Member States the proportion was as high as 60%” (source). At the same time. water demand in the world is increasing, it increased by 1% annually since 1980 and it is forecasted to increase 30% above the current level by 2050 (source). On top of that, different sources quote that 90% of water consumption tracking (or water metering) is performed manually or semi manually.
Water utility companies, both public and private, are facing this challenge every day – how to ensure consistent water distribution on an aging water distribution system with constantly increasing demand for water in a world facing droughts due to climate change, while in the same time improve operational efficiency by increasing billed water and decreasing water losses?
The improvement of water management and distribution lies in data – efficiently and effectively gathered real-time water consumption used to track water consumption per water meter for billing purposes, to analyze the profile of water consumption in the city, to map the lost, unbilled water in the water distribution infrastructure city-wide, and to pinpoint investments with highest return.
The Remote Water Meter Reader is designed to provide that. A network of Remote Water Meter Readers empowers water utilities to map the lost, unbilled water in the water distribution infrastructure city-wide, while at the same time, it reports the water consumption per water meter for billing purposes. The Remote Water Meter Reader connects to a standard pulse water meter, regardless of vendor, making it essentially smart. It comes with easily replaceable industrial battery pack, not limiting data reporting frequency, and protecting the investment in remote water metering.
Benefits to Water Utilities
- Completely remote water metering – no manual collection or on-site visits required.
- Detection of water losses in the water distributions network.
- Advanced warnings in case of water meter freezing.
- Make investment decisions based on data about water consumption and water losses.
- Pinpoint investments with highest return.
- Easily export data for billing purposes.
- Create consumption profiles and track atypical consumption.
- Return on investment of the system in less than three years.
Why Choose Our Product?
- Connects to any standard pulse water meter making it essentially smart.
- Can be used simultaneously for remote water metering and leakage detection.
- Has an embedded temperature sensor for ambient temperature to provide advance warnings in case of water meter freezing.
- Reporting frequency is remotely reconfigurable from seconds to days.
- Comes with durable IP68 construction, for indoor and outdoor mounting.
- Batteries can be replaced (unlike anything on the market) by water utility technicians directly on the field with no provision process required.
- Comes with separate internal antenna (not printed on the board) to provide longer range and low power consumption.
- Is easy to install and maintain by water utility technicians.
- Comes with effortless multi-platform integration using standard protocols.
|1||Inputs/Outputs:||2 inputs and 2 outputs|
|3||Types of Wireless Connectivity:||LoRaWAN
NBIoT (available in Q3 2020)
|4||Antenna:||Separate internal antenna (not printed on the board)|
|5||Coverage:||Up to 15 km in a line of sight (LoRa)
Up to 5 km in residential buildings (LoRa)
|6||Power Supply:||2 x AA industrial battery pack, replaceable|
|7||Estimated Battery Life (in real life, not in a marketing dream):||5 years, up to 90 000 transmissions, battery lifetime depends on environmental conditions|
|8||Reporting Frequency:||Customizable – from seconds to days|
|9||Protection Level:||IP68, for indoor and outdoor mounting|
|10||Dimensions:||120 mm x 35 mm x 35 mm|
|12||Integrations:||Effortless multi-platform integration using standard protocols|
Benefits for Partners
- We enable you to become an IoT Leader in the areas of air and water quality monitoring.
- We enable you to provide end-to-end environment monitoring solutions that empower your customers to make equitable data-driven decisions.
- We provide clear guidance on how to implement and replicate successful business cases.
- We provide clear customer journey and benefits.
- All under your control, with no vendor lock and no hidden costs.