What we do, achieve, and learn
Sharing know-how at Arthur D. Little's Executive IoT Event in Munich
October 1, 2019
We were at Arthur D. Little's Executive IoT Event in Munich last week. We were discussing how IoT can bring real value to the business with investors, consultants, innovators, and top executives from Airbus, BMW, Cisco, Ericsson, Orange, Osram, Siemens, Tele2, and many, many others.
Some key learnings from the event:
- We are at the end of the beginning of the Industrial (IoT) revolution - now with many successful projects from around the world, with a clear return on investment;
- IoT will be growing in the directions of Automation, Condition Monitoring, Digital Operations, Performance Monitoring, Track & Trace, and Immersive Data;
- Telecoms and SystemIntegrators are looking to scale IoT and SmartCity projects, utilizing their existing and emerging networks;
- 5G could enter our world first via connected factories;
- IoT makes hardware sexy again, as it is the enabler that feeds the data revolution by providing the data that is the lifeblood of companies. For AI to be successful, IoT has to be successful.
It seems we are on the right track at the right time.