What we do, achieve, and learn
Water management is a major pillar in the EU Climate Adaptation Strategy
March 11, 2021
Good news! The better management of water resources is recognized as a major pillar in the EU Climate Adaptation Strategy!
Recently published by the European Commission, the Strategy proposes a series of measures to address the impacts of climate change on the quantity and quality of water resources, which is fundamental for climate resilience.
This means that Member States have to:
- Promote the implementation of water-monitoring and water-saving technologies and practices;
- Reduce water use and develop drought management plans;
- Guarantee stable and secure supply of drinking water;
- Ensure water quality according to the EU norms;
- Set up prices that correctly reflect the value of water.
It all boils down to data-driven decisions. We are here to help.
You can learn more about the EU Climate Adaptation Strategy here.